I love watching vegetables grow gradually every day. One easy and strong vegetable is green onion. Here are how I grow green onions.
- Cut and leave 3 cm (about 1 inch) short from the root
- Place the cut green onions into water and leave them for a couple of days
- Change water every day till you see the green onion and roots grow
- You can keep growing this way under water. They only last till they run out of nutrient from the roots
- Or you can use a planter after you grow roots 🙂
The picture below is after two days. Note that the dark green portion is grown after the green onions were cut for the first time.